Monday, October 15, 2007

Ancestor Cards for Children

This was such a great idea I had to share. Please read the rest of the story it is just wonderful http://tinyurl.com/2vurh6

"Ancestor Cards for Children Recently I've been mulling over how to present the genealogy I've done on our family so that it would grab my 9 year old grandson's attention. My good friend Illya of Genealogy Today suggested I use a baseball or hockey card format with one ancestor per card.

I loved the idea and created cards 6 cm x 9 cm. Each card features one ancestor's picture or a picture representing that ancestor. The back of each card has ancestor stats - their relationship to my grandchildren, date and place of birth, date and place of death, spouse's name, parents' names and a tiny blurb about that person (hopefully something unique or of interest to an 9 year old!)"

More info: Olive Tree Genealogy Blog: Ancestor Cards for Children

No comments: